Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2 am ramblings

I just finished my poetry assignment. It's 2 am. Sigh of relief.

Today I was thinking quite a bit about the importance of stepping away from a situation in order to see it objectively. I cannot tell you how many times throughout my life, something has happened that caused me to say, "Well shit! I'll neeeever be able to get over this!" And then the extraoridinary thing happens: I do.
But leave it to me to never trust myself enough to know I'll get past whatever is bothering me.
Sometimes when you're too close to a situation, you are blind as to what is actually going on. This could be physical/emotional abuse, drug/alcohol/other addictions, or just your average every day relationship that isn't worth holding on to.
A few weekends ago there was a day or two of recognition for people who self-injure and deal with depression and/or suicide, and I wondered how many of the people who are going through these things could benefit from taking a giant step back from the excess baggage in their lives. Taking out the "garbage" can be more relieving than one might think.

Anyway, just needed to get that off my chest. It's been hanging around in my mind for quite a while. And it'd be nice to go back and read this the next time shit hits the fan. (Hopefully never.  :)   )

No comments:

Post a Comment