Sunday, February 7, 2010

Letters from a 5th grader

Just as I finished the last entry, I looked over to the box under my desk where I keep some things from my past. A small book that I made out of construction paper back in 5th grade caught my eye. I opened it up, and the first page was written on February 7th, 1995, which is kind of fascinating, since today is February 7th as well.
So, I thought I would take a picture of a few of my entries on my iPhone and translate them on here, spelling errors and all. Enjoy.

"Febuary 7, 1995

My Dad and I some times do things together. For example, once my dad and I caught a cricket and we put it in a cricket box. At night I felt sorry for the cricket so I tiptoed downstaires and opened the door letting the cricket out. I was thirsty so I got some milk. I knew there would be more crickets. I knew there would. "

 

"Modeling" (no date given)
"When I was about five my fried, her sister, her brothers and I modeled. I dressed up in my blue sequend, sparkely dress. I put on a pearl sequrend crown and some pink sparkely sandels. I put on a sequned purse and I put on real makeup! I was Miss Sparkely Anne. My friends mother vidio taped us and my friend and I wach the movie some times. I looked so cute! I don't mean to brag but it's true! My hair was so long and I was so short. I used to say I would vow to never cut my hair. Thats another story. Sometimes I wished I never cut my hair"

(I left out all the underlined, emphasized words, but you can check them out below!)

 
"Feb 16."

"When I was little my bed was by my window I'de siton my bed ad say, 'I am Rupunzel the second and I am beautiful'...Dulce played my prince (even though she's a girl dog) and she would bark. I dress up and brush out my hair. I used to think that whenever a fire started, ever, one would climd down my hair for safety. Then I would hook my hair to a tree, swing to it and unhook my hair. I [heart] that part I was a silly kid. Hea! You may think I'm stupid for doing that but it's my fantisy and I [heart] it."

(check the illustration at the bottom!)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment