Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A bang for your bunc(o)!

 
"The Ballad of Sexual Dependency", Nan Goldin

     
               I love this photograph for so many reasons, but most of all, because of the way she used color. Everything in this seems so intimate, but maybe I'm biased because I learned a while back that most of the people she photographed were her friends. I also am drawn to the James Dean-ish male at the end of the bed. I'd like to do a series of a man (or men) like that. But then again, what female wouldn't?

    Today I will be sweeping, dusting, rearranging furniture and cooking up a delicious assortment of foods in order to host tonight's BUNCO party. Roomie is at work all day, so I get to stay home and play the part of the 1960's housewife. 

Jello, anyone? Perhaps a mini-hotdog on a toothpick?

Gross. 

In other news, I was thinking of emailing my professor from a previous advanced composition class to look over a few chapters of my writing. She always liked me, and ran over to hug me on our last night of class, so I think she'll be up for it. We'll see. 

Off to be domesticated. 

More from Goldin below. 

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment