Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fun with food!

I haven't got a heart-filled post for you today, but I do have a wonderful new recipe!
Introducing: Zucchini pasta with pesto sauce!


This recipe is raw, which means it's good for you and easy to make.


You need:

1 zucchini (per person)

2 cups packed (fresh) basil leaves
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
cherry tomatoes (halved)



For the "noodles":
1)If you have a spiral pasta-maker, use that. If you're like me and don't you can either peel thin strips with a peeler or cut very thin, small strips with a knife. I used the peeler and made thin, flat pieces.
2) Let the noodles sit in a colander for an hour. The longer they sit, the better the texture. (Or so I've heard)


For the sauce:
Using a blender or a food processor, combine the basil, olive oil and salt. You may want to add more olive oil or salt to taste, depending on your preference.


Mix pasta, cherry tomatoes and pesto sauce together. I also added some avocado on the side, but it isn't necessary.
*If you are cooking for more than one, you will probably need 1 zucchini per person.


I found this recipe online, and if you Google it, there are tons of variations. Trust me when I tell you how delicious it is. I am a pasta lover, but it isn't the healthiest thing to nosh on too frequently. This is also a great replacement for those (like me) who can't do dairy or gluten. Also, it has pretty colors. Sigh.






Other than that, I'm heading to LA in a few weeks to visit, so I'm looking forward to that. Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment